Objet is a business unit of Stratasys Ltd., a leading manufacturer of 3D printing. Objet Design Series 3D Printers are most often used by design engineers who are tasked with testing a product’s design. Designed for multiple engineers, product designers or students to share in the office or classroom – Stratasys Design Series 3D Printers are used by small to large organizations worldwide. Objet specializes in a variety of aterials, including clear!
PolyJet 3D Printing works similarly to inkjet printing, but instead of jetting drops of ink onto paper, PolyJet 3D Printers jet layers of curable liquid photopolymer onto a build tray.
The process is simple:
Pre-processing: Build-preparation software automatically calculates the placement of photopolymers and support material from a 3D CAD file.
Production: The 3D printer jets and instantly UV-cures tiny droplets of liquid photopolymer. Fine layers accumulate on the build tray to create one or several precise 3D models or parts. Where overhangs or complex shapes require support, the 3D printer jets a removable support material.
Support removal: The user easily removes the support material by hand, with water or in a solution bath. Models and parts are ready to handle and use right out of the 3D printer, with no post-curing needed.
Benefits of PolyJet 3D Printing:
- PolyJet technology offers exceptional detail, surface smoothness and precision.
- Create smooth, detailed prototypes that convey final-product aesthetics.
- Produce accurate molds, jigs, fixtures and other manufacturing tools.
- Achieve complex shapes, intricate details and delicate features.
- Incorporate the widest variety of colors and materials into a single model for unbeatable efficiency.